Cognex offers the most advanced technology available for 1-D barcode and for 2-D Data Matrix code reading. Regardless of the barcode symbology, size, quality, printing method, or surface the codes are marked on, we can read it!
You need reliable barcode readers and, simply put, we read more codes and deliver, the highest read rates—that’s why people choose Cognex. When you can put a stop to no-reads by deploying the DataMan® family of image-based barcode readers, you can achieve your Automatic Identification (Auto ID) goals:
- Increase efficiencies—aid inventory management, quantify process bottlenecks and improvements, handle supplier printing variations and reduceWIP (work in process)
- Achieve higher throughput—less manual resorting, faster read times andreduced downtime
- Reduce costs—reduce scrap from rework of rejects
- Improve customer satisfaction—avoid incorrect deliveries and recalls
- Control traceability— track assets and product quality information, manage allergens and deter counterfeiting with accurate part authentication
Regardless of the barcode symbology, size, quality, printing method or surface the codes are marked on, we can read it with the highest read rates!
- Print variations—color, poor print, scratched or washed out barcode print
- Marking types—inkjet, dot peen, laser etch or direct part mark (DPM) type
- Surface types—glass, metal, cardboard, ceramic or plastic barcode surfaces
- Damaged codes—including previously unreadable 2-D codes without visible perimeters
SVC Advanced Algorithms & patented technologies
Hotbars II Technology
In a pioneering new way of reading 1-D linear barcodes, Cognex hasdeveloped Hotbars II image analysis technology. Hotbars II combinessuperior signal fidelity with lightning speed, giving the next generation ofCognex DataMan readers unprecedented performance.
For 2-D codes, Cognex’s 2DMax technology is best-in-class for
decoding 2-D matrix symbologies as adopted in many industries for DPM as well as for high speed printed applications.
Each DataMan fixed-mount reader provides a variety of lensing options for maximum depth-of-field flexibility. Options include fixed-focus and integrated liquid lenses that are easy to change in the field for maximum product versatility.
- 3 different focal positions for optimum depth of field coverage
- S-mount (M12) lens: options for increased zoom range and high speed motion
- C-and CS-mount lens: Field of view (FoV) flexibility or one reader to adjust to any distance
- Liquid lens variable focus: a non-mechanical lens for greater focal range when part positions and sizes vary
With patent-pending Xpand™ technology, the field-of-view for a single DataMan 300/360 or DataMan 503 can be increased by more than
50% enabling applications to be solved using fewer readers, which simplifies project installation and setup time and reduces overall cost.
PowerGrid technology provides reliable reading of previously unreadable 2-D codes without visible perimeters, even when the codes exhibit significant damage to or complete elimination of the finder pattern, clocking pattern and quiet zone.
Modular lighting, custom accessories and integrated illumination technology provide optimal lighting for all mark types and surfaces.
- Handheld UltraLight® technology for superior image formation on the widest variety of surfaces, and using the widest range of marking methods
- Dark field illumination for dot peen and laser DPM
- Diffuse off-axis illumination for curved surfaces and highly reflective surfaces
- Quadrant control for machined surfaces
- Diffuse bright field illumination for labels and marks with strong contrast
- Fixed-mount models offer integrated red, blue, white and IR lighting with diffused, polarized and unpolarized options
SVC Dataman 300/360 serie barcode scanner
The award-winning DataMan 300/360 series is the most versatile Cognex fixed-mount barcode reader offering multiple integrated lighting and lens options, an intelligent auto-tune feature, and multiple models to select from. The DataMan 300/360 series can handle the most difficult-to-read DPM (Direct Part Mark) codes as well as challenging 1-D barcodes and 2-D matrix codes, and is suitable for indexed or high-speed lines.
Unmatched Barcode Reading Performance
1DMax® with Hotbars II™ technology decodes damaged or poorly printed 1-D barcodes as small as 0.8 pixels per module (PPM).
2DMax® provides reliable 2-D code reading despite code quality, printing method or the surface that the codes are marked on, and with patent-pending PowerGrid™ technology, can locate and read 2-D codes that exhibit significant damage to or complete elimination of the finder pattern, clocking pattern, or quiet zone.
Flexible Optics & Lighting
Integrated and controllable modular lighting and optics enable you to choose the appropriate lens for your required working distance and field of view, including variable focus liquid lens technology. The controllable, field changeable lighting modules allow you to create the best possible lighting for your part, ensuring maximum read rates.
DataMan 360 models include intelligent image buffering to provide performance feedback that is critical to fixing process issues and increased image storage. DataMan 360 also offers a 360 degree visual read indicator and a Micro SD card for system-level backup and convenient unit restoration or replacement.
The intelligent tuning feature automatically selects the optimum settings for the integrated lighting, autofocus and imager for each application. This tuning process ensures that the barcode reader will be set up to attain the highest read rates possible for 1-D, 2-D, and direct part marked (DPM) codes. The liquid lens can also be adjusted with software or serial commands without having to touch the reader, and refocus within milliseconds with no moving parts involved.